Aftercare – How to keep your stone looking great for years to come
It’s no surprise that many people are turning to natural stone paving – a great hard wearing option that requires very little maintenance.
If you want to keep your lovely new patio or path looking pristine, there are a few things you can do to protect your investment:
- Sealing your stone isn’t absolutely necessary but it might be something you want to consider.
- Helps to prevent bleaching – very important for black limestone (for protection against sun/acid rain)
- Makes future cleaning easier
- Helps protect against weeds, mould & algae (is your patio in a damp area or with trees overhead?)
- Can sometimes enhance the colour – some sealants will change the appearance, some wont (read the label & test)
- Repeat after 2 years or so if needed
Regular Brushing – 3-4 times a year
- Don’t let dirt to settle on the stone for too long
- For a basic clean brush with soapy water
- Use a stiff brush
- Start with just a power washer
- Use a cleaning product – test it on a small part first
- Try not to power wash the joints too much – this might make them loose
All cleaning and sealing is at owners own risk. We cannot be held responsible for any possible effects or damage caused by sealing or cleaning. Always read the manufacturer’s instructions before application and test on a small area or off-cut/test piece before full use.